NOTICE: The Federal Trade Commission has important information concerning the use of the Internet and Internet “surfing.” The link to their Web site is available by cutting and pasting the following link into the address bar of your browser: http://www.ftc.gov/
- A. General. This policy covers how EMM treats personal information that EMM collects and receives, including information related to your past use of EMM products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- B. Companies Not Controlled. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that EMM does not own or control, or to people that EMM does not employ or manage.
2. Information Collection and Use
- A. General
- Collection. EMM collects personal information when you register with EMM, when you use EMM products or services, when you visit EMM pages or the pages of certain EMM partners. EMM may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- Information Sought. When you register we ask for information such as, without limitation, your name, e-mail address, birth date, company, contact information, phone number, and comments.
- Right to refrain from giving information. You have right to refrain from giving us certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of all of our features. We use the information that you provide for to enhance the service, such as responding to your requests. However, you may not mask your identity by providing false or misleading information. For example, you may not use IP masking to mask your Internet access location, including without limitation, proxy servers, masking software or the like.
- IP Address and Cookies. EMM automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, EMM cookie information, and the page you request. Most web browsers have the ability to accept cookies, reject cookies, or to prompt the user before accepting them. The help portion of the toolbar of your browser will tell you how to select the option that suits you best. However, disabling the acceptance of cookies will not allow you to take full advantage of some of the best and most advanced features that we have to offer, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- Web Beacons. EMM may use web beacons to access EMM cookies inside and outside our network of websites and in connection with EMM products and services.
- Use. EMM uses information for the following general purposes: to customize content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- B. Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Sharing of Personal Information. EMM does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- (a) We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
3. Children Under Age 13
It is EMM’s firm policy to not knowingly collect, solicit, retain or display any personal information or material from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not register for EMM or send any information to EMM. If you have already registered, you must immediately cancel Your account and contact us at info@EMMGroup.net. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on EMM. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at info@EMMGroup.net.
- A. Rights Reserved. EMM may set and access EMM cookies on your computer.
- B. This Policy Not Applicable to Other Companies. EMM lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to EMM’s cookies.
5. Your ability to edit and delete your account information and preferences
- A. General
- EMM Marketing. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the EMM products and services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your EMM account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- Account Removal. You can delete your EMM account as specified in the Terms and Conditions.
- Requests for Information. You may request, in writing to the address provided in Section 7, access to any information collected as part of your EMM account and EMM will address your request within thirty (30) days of such request.
6. Confidentiality and Security
- A. Limited Access to Information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- B. Federal Compliance. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you. The Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Federal Courts have jurisdiction to hear any claims against the organization regarding possible unfair or deceptive practices and violations of laws or regulations governing privacy
- C. Protection. Your EMM account information is password-protected.
- D. SSL-Encryption. In certain areas EMM uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- A. Updates to the Policy. EMM may update this policy from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address specified in your EMM account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
- B. Feedback. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at info@EMMGroup.net.