Welcome to marketing in uncertain times.
We're operating in unprecedented times, with the pandemic playbook being written on the fly.
In times of ambiguity and uncertainty, marketing can play a critical role to help your company formulate and shape a new strategy and plan to navigate the challenges ahead. As the pace of change and level of uncertainty accelerates, the speed with which you adjust and respond will determine future success. Whatever issues and opportunities were driving your plan coming into 2020 have changed. Now, more than ever, it is critical to re-examine your marketing plan and set crystal clear priorities for the next few quarters.
As some of you have already heard, EMM Group is sharing a series of resources on “Marketing in Uncertain Times.” Originated by EMM in 2011, this series has been updated and expanded in collaboration with our partners at ISBM (the Institute for the Study of Business Markets). A variety of topics will be shared from EMM Group and other ISBM thought partners.
The tutorial shared below provides a guide for how marketers can:
- Revisit their plans by rapidly assessing the trends and forces reshaping markets to clarify priorities for re-planning.
- Be well positioned to exert your value and help shape the near-term direction of your organization.
- Access several valuable tools we've assembled into a toolkit that we will send you upon your request — just respond as instructed in the tutorial.
Continue to watch this space for details on ISBM virtual Town Hall events and additional advice on how marketing can play a critical role to help your organization formulate and shape a new strategy in this pandemic environment.
- March 31: Pricing Power, Survivalist Entrepreneurship, and Adding Value for Existing Customers in Turbulent Times
- April 16: Open Forum Q&A on Marketing in Uncertain Times
- April 22: Managing Communications Through Crisis